Pupil Premium funding was launched by the Government in 2011 to enable schools to support children in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM). This was extended in 2013 to include children who have received FSM at any time during the previous six years.
At Polperro Primary School we have allocated our Pupil Premium funding with the aim of closing the attainment gap between children in receipt of FSM and their peers.
Pupil Premium Funding 2018-19:
Polperro Primary Academy was allocated £26,400 in Pupil Premium funding for the academic year 2018-19.
This funding was allocated to provide:
• Small group teacher led support which provides children with short additional teaching sessions in reading, writing or mathematics
• Additional teaching assistant hours to support pupil premium children within the class (as supported by pupil conferencing information)
• Additional lunch time supervision to support children in having a constructive lunch break and support pupils in resolving conflicts
• Teacher/pupil conferencing, where children are able to share their ideas on how they can be further supported in accelerating their progress
• Pupil review meetings to plan appropriate support
• Higher Attainers maths, reading and writing extension support
• Subsidisation of breakfast club
• Continuation of a 5 class structure (partially funded by the Pupil Premium) to support high quality feedback
• Weekly music lessons (guitar)
• Additional hours to support TIS programme
• Please see our Pupil Premium Impact Statement to view details of how effective we were in diminishing differences.
The Chair of Governors (Lucy Finnimore) and Pupil Premium Governor (Helen Casson) are responsible for monitoring the impact of Premium Funding and reports to the full Governing Body are made each term.
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
Welcome to our website. For latest news, please scroll down for the latest Head's Blog and see Class pages (under Information).
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.